Updated MODEM.INF Available For Megahertz
If you use Windows NT Remote Access Service (RAS) and a Megahertz modem,
you can obtain a software support release from Megahertz Corporation that
contains a new MODEM.INF file with updated drivers for all Windows NT
supported Megahertz modems.
- The new MODEM.INF file also supports the Megahertz XJ2288/CC3288
- RAS modem auto-detection may not work with certain modem
- To obtain the release, connect to CompuServe and download RASMODNT.EXE
from the Megahertz (9) file library in the Modem Vendor Forum (GO
MODEMVENDOR). For additional information, contact Megahertz Technical
Support at (801) 320-7777.
NOTE: Although your modem operates correctly under Windows Terminal
or another terminal program, if you configure your modem for the wrong modem
driver in RAS or if you have a modem model that received a new BIOS
revision or chip set since the creation of the RAS modem driver, the following
error message appears when you dial a RAS server:
Error 652 Unrecognized Response From Device
To correct this problem, try one or more of the following:
- Configure your modem for the correct or compatible modem model in
- Contact the modem manufacturer for an updated MODEM.INF section, if
the RASMODNT.EXE did not correct the problem.
- Customize the existing MODEM.INF section for your modem to comply with
the new BIOS chip set.
- Create a new MODEM.INF section for your modem at the end of the
Megahertz modems are manufactured by Megahertz Corporation, a vendor
independent of CiNet; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise,
regarding these products' performance or reliability.
Provided by Microsoft