The Modem Could Not Establish A Connection With The Remote
Server. The Server May Be Having Problems Or It Didn't Answer.
- Modem port speed is set to high.
- Open FreePPP, select the Modems tab, and modify the Modem Port
- Try lowering the port speed.
- 28.8 KBPS or faster at 38,400 or 57,600
- 14.4 KBPS at 19,200
- If the system has a Global Village modem, the Global Village Toolbox
may not be running.
- Check the Extensions Manager or the Extensions folder for
Global Village Toolbox.
- Enable the Global Village Toolbox.
- A communications extensions conflict.
- Open Extensions Manager or the Extensions folder. Look for
extensions like Fax Manager, or Global Fax.
- Create a custom set of extensions using Extensions Manager.
- If Extensions Manager is not available, move those extensions
to the Extensions (Disabled) folder.
- Modem is not connected properly.
- If the modem is external, make sure the modem cable is
connected to the modem port.
- Make sure connections are secure and restart.