The Modem Does Not Seem To Be Responding. PPP Was
Expecting "OK" From Your Modem. Your Modem May Be In Use Or Not Ready.
- Fax or other communication software is running in the background.
- Select the Application Menu. Make sure only Finder is
- If another application is running select it and the click
- A communications extension conflict.
- Open Extensions Manager or the Extensions folder. Look for
extensions like Fax Manager, or Global Fax.
- Create a custom set of extensions using Extensions Manager.
- If Extensions Manager is not available move extensions to the
Extensions (Disabled) folder.
- Modem port speed is set to high.
- Open FreePPP, select the Modems tab, and modify the Modem Port
- A 14.4 KBPS modem should be set for 19,200
- A 28.8 KBPS or faster modem should be set for no more than
- Modem port settings incorrect
- Open FreePPP, select the Modems tab. Check "Connect to:" It
may be set for printer port.
- Click "Connect to:" and select modm port.