Connection Attempt Failed (PPP Dialer)
Summary: To resolve the above error message when it occurs in the Open
Transport PPP Dialer.
- Verify that the modem is properly connected to the Mac. If
the modem is external insure that it is turned on.
- Open the Apple Menu, select Control Panels, select Modem
- Modem settings will appear. Should list the Modem Port.
- If a PCMCIA modem card, select the option PCMCIA Card Port.
- Insure that the selected modem matches the modem which is
attached to the Mac. If the modem being used is not available from the
list, and the modem software has been installed, select Hayes Compatible.
- Open the Apple Menu, select Extensions Manager.
- Insure that the proper Extensions for the modem are currently
- If this doesn't fix the issue refer to the Modem Vendor.